Re: R: Re: latex interpreter

From: bpabbott
Subject: Re: R: Re: latex interpreter
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2010 14:59:44 -0700 (PDT)

On 16 Jul, 2010,at 05:51 PM, "address@hidden" <address@hidden> wrote:
16/lug/2010, alle ore 22.38, bpabbott ha scritto:

On 16 Jul, 2010,at
03:58 PM, "address@hidden" <address@hidden> wrote:

15/lug/2010, alle ore 23.13, Ben Abbott ha scritto:

On Jul 15, 2010,

at 5:41 PM, lovecraft22 wrote:

On 15 Jul, 2010,at 04:34 PM,

lovecraft22
<[hidden email]> wrote:

What about the latex

interpreter?
Any way of having it in octave?

I assume this

question is unrelated
to "hold all"? .. so I've changed the email's

subject.

Octave
includes a psuedo TeX interpreter, but no LaTeX

interpreter (yet).

However, it is possible to produce figures using

the print command to
be included in LaTeX documents which use the

LaTeX font.

If you
provide additional information about what you'd

like to do, we can be
more helpful.

Ben

In Matlab, for example,

would read xlabel('U_{\infty}') as a latex
command and it would

produce a label with the infinite symbol as a
subscript of U…
That's

what I would like to obtain.

Thank you!

Minor detail, the syntax

you've given is for the TeX interpreter (not the LaTeX one). In both

Matlab and Octave you will get the result you like by ...

xlabel ('U_

{\infty}','interpreter', 'tex')

Ben

Have you tried that? I can't get
it working…

Thanx

Lorenzo

Il giorno

Yes. It works for me. What
version of Octave are you running?

Ben

I'm running octave 3.2.3 on macosx 10.6.4

Thanx

Lorenzo

I'm also running MacOS X 10.6.4 and Octave 3.2.3.

Ben

p.s. please "reply-all" and respond at the bottom of the email so that those arrive later can follow along.