Re: A proposal...

From: Fotios Kasolis
Subject: Re: A proposal...
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2010 08:16:11 +0200

On Jul 12, 2010, at 10:41 PM, Jordi GutiƩrrez Hermoso wrote:

> On 12 July 2010 15:22, Nibalart <address@hidden> wrote:
>> So why don't post a complete  lesson about a subject or instruction of
>> OCTAVE with a short application of it?
>
> Fotios did something like that recently:
>
>     http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpRKprlRR9c
>
> There are also many scattered discussions in blogs about how to
> accomplish many tasks in Octave, but it would be nice to have them in
> one place. I'll consider adding that functionality to Agora. "Lessons"
> or perhaps even "blog posts". Right now I'm still working on getting a
> basic code snippet sharing functionality in there.
>
> In the meantime, nothing stops you from writing a few lessons about
> Octave and publishing them somewhere else on the web.

Apart from the videos (which i hope help a bit) i m trying to put some order to
my material and complete it, the result ll be something like 50-70 pages with
Intro to octave, and applications from math n physics. The case studies it ll
have are 0) Introduction to numerical methods (scattered), 1) simple population
model (Hassel map??), 2) forest fire (cellular automata), 3) Lienard systems (a
brief study of van der Pol using Octave lsode) 4) and 2d Poisson equation with
Dirichlet boundary conditions (and the proper way to assembly stiffness matrix
in matrix oriented language). I ll try to follow Octave style guidelines so
that people (myself as well) learn easier how to contribute. Hope that this ll
help some. Btw only Octave programming and applications ll be covered, not
Octave internals, no mex, no .... ;D.

/Fotios