Re: Automatically plot to image instead of window?

From: Martin Helm
Subject: Re: Automatically plot to image instead of window?
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 15:54:43 +0200

Am Montag, 12. Juli 2010 14:57:13 schrieb Jake:
> Hello all,
>
> I'm working on an Octave interface project and I was wondering if there's a
>  way to make Octave automatically plot to file instead of to a
>  window...without injecting print statements.  Thanks in advance.

Hello,

there are at least two different ways to create file output from a plot which
come to my mind.
Create raw gnuplot commands if you want them for automatic postprocessing by
an additional process but this also injects new code (option to the plot
functions) and is maybe not really what you want.
Or you shadow your plot functions with your own local plot functions which do
then essentially a print.

Maybe someone else has a better or more elegant idea.

- mh