Re: error: no matching function with octave-3.2.4/46bit/gcc-4.3.3

From: Loris Bennett
Subject: Re: error: no matching function with octave-3.2.4/46bit/gcc-4.3.3
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 15:39:15 +0200

Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso <address@hidden> writes:

> I'll give WAG of what's going on.
>
> gcc 4.3 *should* have trigged the CXX_ISO_COMPLIANT_LIBRARY macro
> during the run of the configure script. For whatever reason, it
> didn't. You can try manually modifying config.h and define this macro,
> although the wiser solution would be to investigate why it wasn't
> defined.

Well WAGged. Tweaking config.h did the trick.

However, doing a fresh configure showed that CXX_ISO_COMPLIANT_LIBRARY
is in princple set correctly. I suspect that the endless other tweaking
I have been doing to get Octave to compile on AIX had got me into some
strange configuration mess.

Thanks for the help.

Loris

--