Gnuplot freezes in Win7 / 3.2.4

From: Børge Strand-Bergesen
Subject: Gnuplot freezes in Win7 / 3.2.4
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2010 10:24:01 +0200

Hi,

I just upgraded to 3.2.4 for Win7. My system is an updated Win7-32
running on an Intel Core Duo E8400 natively at 3GHz. There are no know
issues with the computer.

Should I report the bug here or on the tracker?

Gnuplot is able to plot, but crashes. The funny thing is that it seems
to perform the previous plot command to some extent. The most recent
plot command doesn't always result in a graph. I can't recall having this
problem on 3.2.3 on the same system. It's not there on 3.2.2/WinXP on
my work computer.

System reboot, started Firefox and Programmer's Notepad, started Octave 3.2.4

octave-3.2.4.exe:1> plot([1:10], [1:10], 'ro');
warning: isstr is obsolete and will be removed from a future version of Octave,
please use ischar instead
-> No Gnuplot window
-> As a user, how should I relate to the warning?

octave-3.2.4.exe:2> plot([1:10], [1:10]);
-> No warning message, Gnuplot window appears
-> Gnuplot plots 10 bright red circles as per prev. command
-> Gnuplot does NOT plot a straight line from (1,1) to (10,10)
-> Mouse pointer becomes a spinning blue-green circle
-> Gnuplot window name becomes "Figure 1 (Not Responding)"
-> Contents of the Gnuplot window fade to grey axes and dull red circles
-> Octave window is alive with no new messages
-> Gnuplot window lingers, process consumes 0% CPU and 1692K memoy

Please let me know if there are more tests I can perform on the system
to get to the core of this bug, or work around it.

Thanks,
Borge