Re: plot window hangs

From: nob
Subject: Re: plot window hangs
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2010 19:01:39 -0700 (PDT)

I also have same problem on Octave 3.2.4 for XP. It happens always for wxt
and windows terminal.
The details in case of wxt terminal are as follows;
1. Type "plot(1:10)" on Octave.
2. Plot window is popped up, however no buttons are appeared on the window.
3. The window couldn't be moved for a several seconds.
4. After a several seconds, the window can be moved. However, the contents
of the window is wiped out and nothing is displayed.
5. All of built-in command of gnuplot can't be used. No response. Hanged up.
6. Type "plot(1:10)" on Octave again, the plot appears correctly.
7. However, once type the built-in command on plot window (ex. "m" or "e"),
no response. Then gnuplot  window is hanged up.

- I have applied the patch for some issues ("oct2mat" and "ginput.m"
problem)
- I have already confirmed that the "gnuplot.exe" in the Octave\bin
directory can worked correctly when it is run individualy.
- At first, this problem was found on my office PC. However, same phenomena
was happened on my private PC. My office one is Dell, and private one is
ThinkPad.
- On Octave-3.1.5, same phenomena happen. On Octave-3.0.3, no problem found.

Please give me any idea to avoid this problem...
If you need more information, please let me know.

Regards,
Nobuhiko Wasa