Re: RFC: method for storing data

From: Jaroslav Hajek
Subject: Re: RFC: method for storing data
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 21:16:08 +0200

On Tue, Jun 29, 2010 at 7:15 PM, CdeMills <address@hidden> wrote:

> A new implementation, should be much more robust. More polymorphism, more
> ways to manipulate data. Test and enjoy.
>
> Pascal
>
> http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/file/n2272479/dataframe.zip
> dataframe.zip

I need to go through this in more detail, but seems like a good start.
I have a few suggestions off hand:

1. helper funcs (df_name2idx) can reside in a private/ subdirectory.
2. when working with fopen et al, always ensure proper closing in
library functions. Use unwind_protect or the newly supported onCleanup
3. To properly support the element deletion syntax A(I) = [], use
isnull() instead of isempty() to test the rhs. This correctly
distinguishes between A(I) = [] and A(I) = B where B just happens to
be 0x0. (Apparently, in Matlab this is not possible).

--
RNDr. Jaroslav Hajek, PhD
computing expert & GNU Octave developer