Re: print

From: bpabbott
Subject: Re: print
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 05:50:29 -0700 (PDT)

On 29 Jun, 2010,at 08:34 AM, Martin <address@hidden> wrote:

Hi,
I'm trying to create .png files from an Octave plot.
I tried:

print('/home/ecarnot/test.png','-dpng')

I got:
error: print: the device, "png", is not available.
error: called from:
error: /usr/share/octave/3.2.2/m/plot/printm at line 699, column 7

Same error with "jpg" device.
It works with "ps" device

I'm using GNU Octave Version 3.2.2, with Gnuplot 4.2.5 (I also tried with
Gnuplot 4.4 : same result)

Thanks!

Please verify that your gnuplot was compiled with support for the missing formats. What does the Octave command below return?

available_terminals = __gnuplot_get_var__ (gcf, "GPVAL_TERMINALS")

For me I get ...

available_terminals = aqua canvas cgm corel dpu414 dumb dxf eepic emf emtex epslatex epson_180dpi epson_60dpi epson_lx800 fig gif gnugraph gpic hp2623A hp2648 hp500c hpdj hpgl hpljii hppj imagen jpeg latex lua mf mif mp nec_cp6 okidata pbm pcl5 pdf pdfcairo png pngcairo postscript pslatex pstex pstricks qms regis rgip starc svg tandy_60dpi tek40xx tek410x texdraw tgif tikz tkcanvas tpic uniplex unknown vttek x11 xlib xterm

Alternatively you can try the command below from gnuplot

gnuplot> set print GPVAL_TERMINALS
 aqua canvas cgm corel dpu414 dumb dxf eepic emf emtex epslatex epson_180dpi epson_60dpi epson_lx800 fig gif gnugraph gpic hp2623A hp2648 hp500c hpdj hpgl hpljii hppj imagen jpeg latex lua mf mif mp nec_cp6 okidata pbm pcl5 pdf pdfcairo png pngcairo postscript pslatex pstex pstricks qms regis rgip starc svg tandy_60dpi tek40xx tek410x texdraw tgif tikz tkcanvas tpic uniplex unknown vttek x11 xlib xterm

Ben