FW: Matlab equivalents needed (yes very original)

From: Michael V
Subject: FW: Matlab equivalents needed (yes very original)
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2010 15:00:02 -0700

 2. I am running many short simulations in parallel. Each simulation produces
a text file. I want these text files to have unique names so they do not get
overwritten or appended to but because these are all running on a cluster with
many GPUs there is no shared memory space. So I need a thread-safe and
cluster-safe way to make sure my output file names are all unique.
I can think of some workarounds but none as convenient as just calling a GUID
generator.

3. Windows has notepad as the default agent to open text files when you double
click. Thus, either I need to go to all my machines and reconfigure defaults or
I change the m file once. I'd rather change the m-file.

MV