Compiling octave on iPhone

From: JDuarte Ribeirinho
Subject: Compiling octave on iPhone
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2010 14:46:00 +0100

Hi I've once tried to compile octave on the iPhone/iPod  but was unsuccessful. Below I'll post the tracker help request I sent. Any help would be appreciated.

JDuarte Ribeirinho
57937 - IST - MEEC

Sent from my iPod

--------tracker help request--------
Support Requests item #2806017, was opened at 2009-06-13 23:34
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by hauberg
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=202888&aid=2806017&group_id=2888

not just the latest update.
Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
Hi i wonder if anyone could give me some support about whether or not is compiling in iPhone/iTouch possible.
I have the following tools installed:
Make
gcc
is there anything else in specific that is needed?
BTW: i get an error while running ./configure,
it checks for gcc and gets the default file a.out and finds gcc but says running compiled C programs not supported or something like that... is there a more verbose output to ./configure ?

thanks in advance,

JDuarte.

Comment By: soren hauberg (hauberg)
Date: 2010-06-24 15:13

Message:
I would be surprised if you simply had to recompile Octave to make it run
on the iPhone. I don't know the first thing about working on the iPhone,
but I have a few general comments:

1) Running an interpreter (such as Octave) on the iPhone is against Apple
legal requirements (that's the legal excuse they use for not having
Flash).

2) To actually compile Octave you'll need a bunch of dependencies (once
you manage to get configure running it will also tell you so).

I'm sorry that I cannot help you more. If you want more help I suggest you
ask on an active forum (this tracker is not used by any Octave developers).
Try sending an e-mail to address@hidden if you want more information.