Re: Interface for C libs in Octave

From: Jaroslav Hajek
Subject: Re: Interface for C libs in Octave
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2010 14:09:38 +0200

On Thu, Jun 24, 2010 at 1:54 PM, TOT <address@hidden> wrote:

> Thank you for your attention, Jaroslav!!
>
> As I indicated in step #2 - I checked the myclib using ldd and nm - the
> result was positive - all links was ok, and I'd found myfunc in the symbols
> (nm). But when I link the code - I get error that there is undefined symbol.
> And when I do ldd on simple.oct - I see all the paths doing fine.

What exactly do you get from ldd simple.oct?

> But nm
> simple.oct produces the U myfunc ...

Yes, that is expected, obviously.

> I'd put myclib in /usr/lib - which is default for my system and run
> ldconfig. I also tried to hardwire it to the directory using Wl,-rpath....
> But it was no help... ldd is still OK, but myfunc is undefined in nm
> simple.oct.

I think you don't understand what nm does. If myfunc is linked
dynamically, it *should* be shown as undefined.

I suspect you're doing something wrong. Please show me exactly what
command you use to compile simple.cc (with the -rpath option), what
ldd simple.oct shows afterwards, and what error does Octave give you.

PS. It would be simpler for anyone trying to help if you showed all
this in the first place. Having to squeeze information from someone
like this is a little exhausting.

--
RNDr. Jaroslav Hajek, PhD
computing expert & GNU Octave developer