Re: download octave to windows 7

From: A Kelly
Subject: Re: download octave to windows 7
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2010 13:07:57 +1000

Actually I spoke too soon. After rebuilding oct2mat as above and
restarting Octave, I can do the following commands and get a figure
window that responds as expected:

figure;
x=[1 2 3 4 5 6];
plot(sin(x));

However, another (much more complex) figure that I produce (in the same
Octave session) is not responsive (ie, no ability to zoom, displayed
coordinates do not track mouse movements).

I will try to narrow down the cause of this difference in behaviour...

It turns out that using imshow() to display an image is what is causing the figure window to freeze. I drilled down into the source code to see if I could find the ultimate cause:
imshow()
image()
__img__()
__go_image__()
It appears that the call to __go_image__ is the problem. I'm not sure what it does, but commenting it out leaves the window unfrozen (but without the image displayed).

I don't know whether this behaviour is by design, or a bug.