Re: download octave to windows 7

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Re: download octave to windows 7
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2010 08:46:44 +0900 (JST)

Hello

--- David Grundberg  wrote:

> On 06/14/2010 08:57 AM, PerB wrote:
> >
> > Maybe Mathilde's question is that trivial but I also have problem with
> > Ocatve
> > and Windows.
> >
> > I have downloaded and installed the latest Ocatve-Forge binaries
> > (Octave-3.2.4_i686-pc-mingw32_gcc-4.4.0_setup.exe) on both a Windows 7 and a
> > Windows XP (SP3) machine. Both machine were "clean", i.e. no previous
> > GNUplot or Octave installations present. I have not CygWin installed either.
> >
> > Octave installs and I can start the Octave command line interface and the
> > text part and calculations seams to work OK.  But plotting do not work.
> >
> > A simple
> >
> >> plot(1:10);
> >
> > will first give a warning of obsolete function isstr and doing it a second
> > time will open a GNUplot window and plot a line but then the GNUplot window
> > hangs and becomes non responsive.
> >
> > Starting GNUplot command line interface by it self (wgnuplot.exe) and do
> > some sample plots e.g.;
> >
> > gnuplot>plot [-10:10] sin(x) )
> >
> > is not a problem so the GNUplot installation seams to work OK.
> >
> > Am I missing some Octave graphics drivers/DLLs/function/pacakges or what ?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > /Per
>

> Please reply at the bottom, it makes the thread easier to follow for others.
>
> The problems with e.g. the oct2mat package is well-documented on the
> octave-forge website.
>
> The short reply in the previous discussion was less about the question
> itself and more about the mail containing no information but "it doesn't
> work".   Like whether or not the installer actually ran.  It's hard to
> draw any conclusions based on nothing but opinion.

For windows version octave-3.2.4 on the octave-forge website, the way avoid to
the plot problem due to
the oct2mat package being auto loaded is documented in the following,

http://wiki.octave.org/wiki.pl?OctaveForWindows
1. Standalone ports
 1.1. Octave 3.2.4 for Windows MinGW32
  Additional important topics found after the release:

Regards

Tatsuro

2010 FIFA World Cup News [Yahoo!Sports/sportsnavi]
http://pr.mail.yahoo.co.jp/southafrica2010/