Re: Running External Programs

From: James Sherman Jr.
Subject: Re: Running External Programs
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2010 14:29:16 -0400

On Mon, Jun 14, 2010 at 2:00 PM, Ashley Whitney-Rawls <address@hidden> wrote:
James,

Thanks for your help.  Do you know if you can run things like ABAQUS analysis jobs using the Octave system command?  How would this be done?

Thank you for your time?
Ashley

Please cc to the mailing list, if for no other reason that if someone else has the same question then they can also see the answer.

I'm not familiar with that program, but if maybe if you can describe (in a general sense) what you're trying to do maybe I or someone else on the list can help.  But, if you know the command you want to execute (i.e. what you would type in a dos prompt), then you should be able to put that line into the system command, possibly with some full path names extended.

James