Re: Image processing

From: Moo
Subject: Re: Image processing
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2010 14:58:03 +0200

Erika - the third number is the third "dimension" of the image, which is number of channels in your image.  So for example, in a greyscale image or an indexed image the number should be 1.  In some color images (it has to do with the file format; .jpg, .png, etc), the third number is 3, indicating red, green, and blue (RGB) channels.  The only other number you might see is 4, indicating cyan, yellow, magenta, black (CMYK) channels.

Keep in mind that, depending on what you're actually doing to "compare" the images, you might have to take that into account.  I can't go into the details, but if you know specifically what you're going to do I could probably help.