Re: Re: Image processing

From: shermanjj
Subject: Re: Re: Image processing
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2010 12:49:31 +0000

On Jun 11, 2010 8:30am, Erika Bueno <address@hidden> wrote:
> I made what you explained with a GIF image and when I use size(myimg),
>
> it shows three numbers. The first and the second are rows and columns,
>
> what is the third number?
>

> Thanks again :)

That should be the number of color channels for the image. Usually 3 for color (one each for red, green, and blue) or 1 for greyscale. So (assuming that third number is 3), if you did:

I = imread ("myfile.jpg");

then, "I(10, 20, 2)" would contain the green value for the pixel at row 10, column 20. Even if an image is greyscale, sometimes it is encoded as a color image that has red, green and blue values equal.

Hope this helps.

James