builtin vec() [was Re: Opinions ...

From: Alois Schlögl
Subject: builtin vec() [was Re: Opinions ...
Date: Wed, 09 Jun 2010 20:36:50 +0200

Moreover, it might be
a tool were the user experience (running the same code from some octave
toolboxes) shows an advantage of Octave over Matlab because Matlab will
have
only an m-file implementation of vec(). Or if Mathworks is going to
implement a builtin vec(), than Octave has been leading.

Er, I'm not sure, but I think Matlab has no vec() at all...?

Unlike the functionality of (:) in fun(x)(:), vec.m can be easily provided
to the users of Matlab.

Aha. So even Octave's current vec() implementation is better than
Matlab's.

I did not say that.

Though a built-in would of course be yet better. I'll create
it for 10 EUR. Anyone interested? :D

I'm willing to sponsor the builtin vec() function for Octave. It's not that I personally have an immediate need for it; its because I see the possible advantages in terms of compatibility and performance (i.e. user experience) with Octave.

Alois

P.S.: Tell me in a private e-mail, how I should transfer the money.