interactions with OOffice graphs ?

From: CdeMills
Subject: interactions with OOffice graphs ?
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2010 07:18:48 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,

problem statement: I'm performing measurement on semi-conductor devices, so
I have many runs of scanning where both DC voltage and AC frequency are
parameters. Then I use Octave to consolidate data, i.e. compute mean on
repetitive runs. The next step would be to generate graphs in OOffice as
follows: draw raw measurement pertaining to the same frequency or voltage as
single points, then draw averaged values as continuous curves. The challenge
is that, in the spreadsheet diagram tool, the choice is either lines, either
points, either lines and points. Each set of data should have its own
drawing format. So the question, are there interfaces between Octave and
graph "objects", in such a way to automatically produce the required diagram
inside OOffice spreadsheet ?

Regards

Pascal