intel mkl

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: intel mkl
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2010 23:35:05 -0400

On  7-Jun-2010, Mag Gam wrote:

| I am trying to compile Octave with Intel compiler and use Intel Math
| Kernel Libraries. However, It seems the basic install isn't finding my
| MKL libraries. I know there were previous threads about this topic
| therefore I am hoping to get some help.
|
| Here is how I am compiling stuff.
|
| PREFIX=/apps/octave-3.2.3
|
| export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/apps/hdf5-1.8.3/lib
|
| INCLUDE="-I/apps/hdf5-1.8.3/include"
| ./configure F77=ifort FFLAGS="-O3 -xW" CXX=icpc CPP="icc -E" CC=icc
| CXXPP="icpc -E" \
|         CXXFLAGS="$INCLUDE -mieee-fp" \
|         --prefix="$PREFIX" CFLAGS="-O3 -xW $INCLUDE" CPPFLAGS="$CFLAGS" \
|         LDFLAGS="-limf -lm -L/apps/hdf5-1.8.3/lib" \
|         PERL=/apps/perl-5.10.1/bin/perl --disable-extra-warning-flags
| --disable-docs
|
| The MKL libraries exist here: /apps/intel/lib/intel64
|
| This currently does not find the MKL, I am curious how others did this.

CPPFLAGS is for the preprocessor, so setting CPPFLAGS to $CFLAGS is
probably not what you want.

-I flags belong in CPPFLAGS.

-L flags belong in LDFLAGS.

Use CXXFLAGS and CFLAGS for things like -O and -g, and I suppose
-mieee-fp if that is not discovered automatically by the configure
script.

I don't think any variable CXXPP is used in Octave's configure scripts
or Makefiles.

jwe