Octave from C++: Saving objects in binary

From: Chidambaram Annamalai
Subject: Octave from C++: Saving objects in binary
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2010 10:57:18 +0530

I need to create large random matrices and perform computations with
them, finally saving the results to a file.

I had no trouble in creating the matrices in C++ after including the
necessary octave headers like so:

    octave_rand gauss;
    gauss.normal_distribution();
    std::cout << "Creating gaussian random matrix... ";
    Matrix A = gauss.matrix(M, N);

However, supposing I want to save this matrix A to a file how do I go
about doing that?

I tried the "feval" method provided here:
http://wiki.octave.org/wiki.pl?CategoryExternal but there's a problem.
The "save" function that I'm interested in, will only take string
arguments and when I supply it with the argument "A" to save to a
binary file it shows the error:

warning: save: no such variable `A'

Now how do I tell the "save" function to take the matrix A then? The
problem seems to be that the variable A is not being created in the
memory that is being seen by "save". How do I do that?

Thanks,
Chillu