building custom atlas library

From: Miĥail Vasiljev
Subject: building custom atlas library
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2010 11:46:30 +0400

Hello, octave users!

I'm trying to build a custom version of ATLAS library on my Debian
Lenny amd64 system (hope this will speed up my octave). I'm trying to
do this debian-way, i.e

sudo apt-get build-deps libatlas3gf-base
sudo apt-get source libatlas3gf-base
cd atlas-3.6.0
fakeroot debian/rules custom

Build finishes with a strange error:

Unable to open file 'CONFIG/l2sizemax.txt', continuing without display.
   Enter Maximum cache size (KB) [12288]: 12288^JUnable to open file
'CONFIG/nfsdelay.txt', continuing without display.
   Enter File creation delay in seconds [0]: ^JUnable to open file
'CONFIG/f77exp.txt', continuing without display.
Unable to open file 'CONFIG/f77exp.txt', continuing without display.
F77 = 'gfortran -O' doesn't seem to work for me.
   Enter 1 to enter a different F77, 0 to continue with none [1]:
make: *** [bin/Linux_base_static/Make.inc] Ошибка 1

Do anybody have any ideas whats wrong with it? Gfortran is installed
and works fine on this system.

Thank you!

--
Miĥail Vasiljev <address@hidden>