Re: Problem while using waitforbuttonpress function

From: Przemek Klosowski
Subject: Re: Problem while using waitforbuttonpress function
Date: Thu, 03 Jun 2010 14:57:18 -0400

On 06/03/2010 01:40 PM, Giox79 wrote:

I'm using a Windows XP system.
No, as soon as the windows generated by the figure command pops up, I don't
change the focus and simply try to click or type character.
I'm quite happy that in Fedora works fine, may be is simple a Windows
version issue (or that I misunderstood your question about changing focus).

The same problem happens if I write:

     figure(); A=waitforbuttonpress();

on the Octave interface.
If I press a keyboard key (or a mouse button) nothing happens and the Octave
locks waiting for a button press.
If I press CTRL-C to unlock Octave, looking at A value I get:
     error: `A' undefined near line 1 column 1

What happens on Fedora?

On Fedora, a grapics window pops up and you have to change focus to it
(e.g. by clicking on its title bar, or whatever else your window manager
allows); only then the events like clicks and keypresses will go to it
and not to the original window from which you run Octave.

When you say that you typed CTRL-C and octave reacted, I think that your
input focus remains in the Octave command window. Or am I missing something about how it works on your Windows?