Problem while using waitforbuttonpress function

From: Giovanni Parodi
Subject: Problem while using waitforbuttonpress function
Date: Thu, 03 Jun 2010 14:32:59 +0200

A furter detail:
I'm using the Windows version of Octave 3.2.4.
The same problem happens if I write:

    figure(); A=waitforbuttonpress();

on the Octave interface.
If I press a keyboard key (or a mouse button) nothing happens and the Octave locks waiting for a button press.If I press CTRL-C to unlock Octave, looking at A value I get:
    error: `A' undefined near line 1 column 1

Obviously I misunderstood the way waitforbuttonpress works, but the same code works fine in Matlab, and I found nothing strange in the documentation of waitforbuttonpress in Octave.

--
Giovanni Parodi
Firmware Engineer

ElsagDatamat S.p.A.