Re: Using OpenCV in Octave for Windows

From: Benjamin Lindner
Subject: Re: Using OpenCV in Octave for Windows
Date: Tue, 01 Jun 2010 14:43:46 +0200

> Hello
>
> I have a quick look at
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/opencvlibrary/files/.
>
> Did you install this ?
>
> OpenCV-2.1.0-win32-vs2008.exe
>
> The above the pre-built OpenCV binaries are built by the MSVC and the
> libraries binded to the binaries
> may not be used from the octave/mingw32.
> If so, you should build the OpenCV from source using the MinGW GCC-4.4.0
> (Because the current
> octave/mingw32 built by GCC-4.4.0.
>
> See
> http://opencv.willowgarage.com/wiki/MinGW

I had a quick glance on OpenCV-2.1.0-win32-vs2008.exe, but I'm not
familiar with cmake, and couldn't quite find out how the octave
wrappers are supposedly being built (I thought I might just manually
do this).
They provide dlls, import libs and include files, but all in msvc style.

There are older versions of octave bindings at
http://octave-swig.sourceforge.net/octave-opencv.html
These use gnu makefiles for building, so I tried to mimic this
with OpenCV 2.1.0, but mkoctfile/g++ fails with quite a number of
undeclared symbol errors - duh.

I also tried recreating the nnn_wrap.cpp files from the opencv-2.1.0
sources using swig, but here swig stops with a syntax error in its
own libraries/headers ?!?

Ok, so much for a quick-and-dirty tryout.

benjamin