Re: Subplot & Tick Mark Label

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: Subplot & Tick Mark Label
Date: Tue, 01 Jun 2010 07:34:30 -0400

On May 27, 2010, at 9:41 AM, Alvin W wrote:

> I was trying to print a several graphs that were merged under subplot
> command, but they kept overlapping with each other. Reducing the tick
> mark label didn't help.
>
> What should I do?
>
> Thanks

At present, the only option is to modify each axes "position" property.

The position property is a 4 element vector, [xLL, yLL, xW, yH], specifying the
lower left coordinates and the axes' width and height. The units for this
property are normalized to the figure (i.e. zero to one).

In the future, Octave will be able to make the adjustments you desire
automatically.

Ben

p.s. If you'd like to follow up, please tell us what version of Octave and what
version of Gnuplot you are running.