Re: Octave & PostgreSQL

From: fork
Subject: Re: Octave & PostgreSQL
Date: Wed, 26 May 2010 15:14:16 +0000 (UTC)

Don Catanzaro <dgcatanzaro <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Hi All,
>
> Thank you for the suggestions !  I went the easy route and since I have
> PostgreSQL in my path, I simply  just called PostgreSQL using psql from
> octave.

> I then read the data from dataout.csv back into octave.  Not as elegant as I
> would have liked but it works.

I am fiddling around with this approach + sed in order to parse out the column
names to create a struct array.  For ex:

data = getdata("select blah blah", "structa");
[data(:).colname] + 1 # all the data in colname plus 1, etc

All you ever wanted to know about sed: http://www.grymoire.com/Unix/Sed.html

Don't know if this is useful, but there you go...