Re: Octave & PostgreSQL

From: Don Catanzaro
Subject: Re: Octave & PostgreSQL
Date: Tue, 25 May 2010 14:41:18 -0700 (PDT)

Hi All,

Thank you for the suggestions !  I went the easy route and since I have
PostgreSQL in my path, I simply  just called PostgreSQL using psql from
octave.

For those interested, it is a fairly simple call:

firstSQL = ['psql -U postgres -d testdatabase -c "COPY (SELECT * FROM
tbl_name WHERE mo_id= 44) TO ''C:/temp/dataout.csv'' CSV;" '];

[status, text ] = dos(firstSQL);

I then read the data from dataout.csv back into octave.  Not as elegant as I
would have liked but it works.

-Don