Octave Problems

From: Salil Jain
Subject: Octave Problems
Date: Sun, 23 May 2010 17:29:01 +0530

I have octave on Windows installed using binary from http://octave.sourceforge.net/. There are following problems:
1) When I compile any program like

mkoctfile --mex func.c
and then try to use func on command line it won't recognize and I will need to restart octave then it will work out.

2) If I use func on commandline I can't recompile it with mkoctfile, as it would not have permission to modify mex file. I have to restart octave to compile again.

3) Its 10 times slower than Matlab on some of my scripts. Most probably its because of the MinGW compiled version? or it can't be decided without looking at the script.

Thanks