Re: R: plots in octave 3.2 run on Ubuntu 10.04

From: Judd Storrs
Subject: Re: R: plots in octave 3.2 run on Ubuntu 10.04
Date: Wed, 12 May 2010 20:43:29 -0400

On Wed, May 12, 2010 at 6:37 PM, asha g <address@hidden> wrote:
>  That is the problem. The plot does not stay long enough on the screen for me
> to show. However it does save in my file.

How are you running octave? Interactively or from a script?
If you're using a script try adding "pause" to the end.

FWIW, I'm running Ubuntu 10.04 and this works fine for me:

address@hidden:~$ octave3.2 -q
octave3.2:1> plot(1:10)
octave3.2:2>

This will cause the plots to disappear (but it is expected):

address@hidden:~$ octave3.2 -q --eval "plot(1:10)"

and

address@hidden:~$ octave3.2 -q --eval "plot(1:10); pause"

will show the plots until you press a key in the terminal.

--judd