Re: Interrupting Octave

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Re: Interrupting Octave
Date: Wed, 12 May 2010 08:54:33 +0900 (JST)

Hello

I have a look into the octave-3.2.4 source

Signal handling is carried out in src/signalhandler.cc

octave_interrupt_handler
octave_catch_interrupts (void)
{
  octave_interrupt_handler retval;

#ifdef SIGINT
  retval.int_handler = octave_set_signal_handler (SIGINT, sigint_handler);
#endif

#ifdef SIGBREAK
  retval.brk_handler = octave_set_signal_handler (SIGBREAK, sigint_handler);
#endif

#ifdef USE_W32_SIGINT

  // Intercept windows console control events.
  // Note that the windows console signal handlers chain, so if
  // install_signal_handlers is called more than once in the same program,
  // then first call the following to avoid duplicates:
  //
  //   SetConsoleCtrlHandler (w32_sigint_handler, FALSE);

  if (! SetConsoleCtrlHandler (w32_sigint_handler, TRUE))
    error ("SetConsoleCtrlHandler failed with %ld\n", GetLastError ());

  w32_set_quiet_shutdown ();

#endif

  return retval;
}

In config.h when I built octave-3.2.4, there seems to be no definition of
USE_W32_SIGINT.

However I do not know whether there is a indirect definition of  USE_W32_SIGINT.

That'a all I can reply at the moment. I do have no time trace it by myself.

BTW, in the development source, the sample routine exit.  However, as far as I
know, the gbulib signal
routine seemed to be used and USE_W32_SIGINT might be not effective.

Regards

Tatsuro