octave binary format spec ?

From: CdeMills
Subject: octave binary format spec ?
Date: Thu, 6 May 2010 09:54:47 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,

I'm trying to read a csv file with a variable number of fields per line.
csv2cell from the miscelanous package determine the number of fields from
the first line, and choke as soon as a line with another number of fields is
read.

I tried to revive an old Perl script I wrote outputting data in octave
"binary" format, but it seems that there was evolutions and the script
output is no more recognised.

Is there somewhere a doc about this format ? In particular, to output data
inside cells, should every cell value be emitted, even empty ones ?

Regards

Pascal