Re: nightly build of OsX binaries?

From: Carlo de Falco
Subject: Re: nightly build of OsX binaries?
Date: Thu, 6 May 2010 08:10:35 +0200

On 6 May 2010, at 07:37, Stephan Wyder wrote:

Who's responsible for building the official OsX binaries?
As Octave is a community driven project, there has never been anything like an "official" binary, Thomas Treichl has been maintaining Octave.app on the source-forge site for some time but he has given up this task due to lack of time. If someone would volunteer to take this task he/she would be very welcome.

Sometimes I would prefer having a OsX binary of the actual
source. Would it theoretically be possible to make a nightly
or at least a weekly build of the source, in order to have
always the newest bugfixes available within the binary?
Theoretically, yes. Thomas has prepared scripts to automate this task which are in the sourceforge repository, never used them myself but I guess with some work they could be made up to date again.

Of course there are also macports and fink distributions, but those are source only I think.

Stephan

HTH,
c.