How to run Octave scripts with MacOS

From: Richard J Wittebort
Subject: How to run Octave scripts with MacOS
Date: Wed, 5 May 2010 15:38:34 -0400

Hi,
I have downloaded and installed octave for an intel mac (OS 10.5.8). The
application now resides in a directory called 'octave_all' located in the
applications directory and command line instructions execute as expected.
However, I am unable to execute, for example, the following script (test.m)
from the command line if the file is located in my 'octave_all' directory:

#! applications/octave_all/octave.app/Contents/Resources/bin/octave -qf

a=[1,2,3]
# end of script

Could you please tell me how to run a script. For example, which, if any, of
the following is required and how to do it:

1. add a path in the command line?
2. transfer the script to a directory in the octave.app directory?
3. use a header different from the 1st line in the above (#!
applications/octave_all/octave.app/Contents/Resources/bin/octave -qf)

I much appreciate your help,