Re: Octave manual

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: Octave manual
Date: Tue, 4 May 2010 22:30:45 -0500

Hi. Thanks for writing.

On 4 May 2010 03:35, panligo <address@hidden> wrote:
> I am writing to request you to rewrite/modify the manual of octave because
> the one that already exists is in some parts not very accurate (out of date,
> whatever you like). For example, I was trying to find out how to save a
> graph and I found out that the instructions in the manual are old and
> doesn't represent the way Octave does this in its last version.

You can get the source for Octave and its manual here:

     http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/

In particular, the current[1] source for the graphing documentation is here:

http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/file/d7ff75c977e2/doc/interpreter/plot.txi

If you could submit patches and corrections to fix the erroneous or
outdated documentation, that would be very nice.

Do you need further assistance on how to do this?

- Jordi G. H.

[1]  Current as of this typing, it may change by the time you read this.