Re: Disabling OS system commands?

From: David Grundberg
Subject: Re: Disabling OS system commands?
Date: Tue, 04 May 2010 14:00:16 +0200

On 05/03/2010 07:55 PM, fork wrote:
Hi all,

Is there an option to disable OS system commands?  On a windows (i.e. lame)
system, I would rather typing "ls" gives me an error and trains me to run "dir",
rather than give me the stupid output that is built in to the OS.

I couldn't find anything here:

http://www.gnu.org/software/octave/doc/interpreter/Summary-of-Built_002din-Variables.html#Summary-of-Built_002din-Variables

Thanks again!

After many thoughts back and forth I think I understand what you mean. You want to stop using ls.m (because it's inconsistent?) and learn to use dir.m only.

Run 'which ls' in Octave and delete that file. Or override that m-file in your Octave path with something you'd like. Or you could simply set ls_command to something invalid.

hth,
David