Re: Making multiple plots, Octave 3.2.4

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Re: Making multiple plots, Octave 3.2.4
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 10:12:24 +0900 (JST)

Hello

--- "John W. Eaton" wrote:

> On 28-Apr-2010, address@hidden wrote:
>
> | I'm running Octave 3.2.4 from the Sourceforge binary on a Windows XP
> | system.  I'm trying to make two plots, each in its own window.  I use
> | Figure(1) and create the first plot (which displays OK), then figure(2)
> | and create the second, which displays its window (only the axes, no
> | data) and then hangs.  This is using the default gnuplot backend.
> | Switching to the fltk backend makes the whole program hang, with nothing
> | displayed.  Even plotting manually hangs it.
> |
> | The code isn't too long, so I am appending it entire.  (Yes, it's messy
> | -- I'll clean it up when I get it working.)  The ShaftCurrData1 file has
> | to be run first to establish the data, then ShaftCurrent to process it
> | and show the plots.
>
> Your code appears to work correctly for me on a Debian system using
> both Octave 3.2.4 and the current development sources, with both
> gnuplot and the fltk backends.  If there's a bug, I guess it is
> specific to the Windows build.  I don't have access to Windows, so I
> can't easily debug the problem.  In any case, if you'd like to report
> this bug so it isn't forgotten, please use the bug tracker.  There is
> a link to it on the page http://www.octave.org/bugs.html.

Hello

Your script works fine on octave-3.2.4/mingw32 installed in my PC.  The trouble
might be well known
the oct2mat issue.
Please see

http://wiki.octave.org/wiki.pl?OctaveForWindows
1. Standalone ports
1.1. Octave 3.2.4 for Windows MinGW32

Additional important topics found after the release:

Regards

Tatsuro

GyaO! - Anime, Dramas, Movies, and Music videos [FREE]
http://pr.mail.yahoo.co.jp/gyao/