Re: uigetfile

From: farhi
Subject: Re: uigetfile
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 03:30:13 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Petr and Sacha,

Thanks a lot for your comments.

A: zenity is now third choice, and indeed the filter is not functional
(unfortunately). On the other hand, launching Kdialog from a non KDE systems
takes quite some time. The warning is not shown as a  '2>/dev/null'
redirection is there.

B: Xdialog is indeed very good, thus I put it back.

C: I fixed the warning (from stderr) displayed when some of
xdialog/kdialog/zenity is not installed. I thus re-introduced the
'2>/dev/null' redirection in command lines.

D: the 'dir' now works OK, aa a check for existence of files to select is
done prior to anything else. Trailing filesep have been removed.

I hope we now converge to something both portable and fancy .

Octave 'uigetfile' code:
http://n4.nabble.com/forum/FileDownload.jtp?type=n&id=2064987&name=uigetfile.m
uigetfile.m