Re: RBF Toolbox?

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: RBF Toolbox?
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2010 22:39:33 -0500

On 22 April 2010 21:41, Mike B. <address@hidden> wrote:

> Is there an octave (or octave-compatible) toolbox for Radial Basis
>Functions (RBFs)?. I am currently using the DACE toolbox for Kriging
>and am looking for something similar for RBFs. Cheers, Mike.

No, there isn't, but I may be interested in making one. My MSc thesis
work was ("is", I guess, sigh) about using RBFs for unsymmetric
collocation for solving PDEs.

What are the specs? What do you expect such a toolbox to do? What are
you using RBFs for? The big application for me, like I said, was
collocation. What's yours?

- Jordi G. H.