Re: [Intel Compiler] Optimisation flag does not like __va_arg_pack / und

From: Vincent Letocart
Subject: Re: [Intel Compiler] Optimisation flag does not like __va_arg_pack / undefined reference to __builtin_is(finite|nan|inf)
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2010 15:44:17 +0200

On 21 April 2010, at 09:59:08 (Epoch+1271840348 sec), Jaroslav Hajek wrote :
> On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 9:32 AM, Vincent Letocart
> <address@hidden> wrote:

> >> If you're OK with g++, why not just use (gcc,gfortran,g++)?
> >
> > Because we (at the Belgian Institute of Space Aeronmy) try
> > to use the Intel Compilers as much as possible, and as I also
> > compiled the dependencies (fftw3, arpack, glpk, qhull, qrupdate,
> > hdf5, metis, suitesparse-metis) with those compilers, I expect
> > the upgrade to work the same way. Of course, if there is no
> > solution ... then a "fallback" to the GNU compilers is the
> > best way to get it working.
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > Vincent.
> >
> > --
> > A woman should have compassion.
> >                -- Kirk, "Catspaw", stardate 3018.2
> >

> In that case, I would suggest you compile gcc 4.1.2 to a special
> directory. It should be possible to substitute a different stdc++
> version for icpc using the -cxxlib flag. However, you may need to
> recompile the dependencies with this setting as well.
> Since you'll be compiling an older gcc with newer one, I think you may
> disable bootstrapping which will make the build much faster.

Interesting tip, anyway.

However, I tried the other trio (gcc,ifort,g++) to keep
the compatibility with any already compiled fortran library.
The result seems ok.

Vincent

--
You go slow, be gentle.  It's no one-way street -- you know how you
feel and that's all.  It's how the girl feels too.  Don't press.  If