Re: OS for Octave

From: Sergei Steshenko
Subject: Re: OS for Octave
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 05:37:40 -0700 (PDT)

--- On Mon, 4/19/10, asha g <address@hidden> wrote:

> From: asha g <address@hidden>
> Subject: OS for Octave
> To: address@hidden
> Date: Monday, April 19, 2010, 9:21 PM
>
>   I have a new laptop and would like to load Octave.
> Should I use Red Hat LInux ( version 8/9) or Ubuntu as OS ?
> Which version is available in both? Also is GNU Plot
> available too?
>
> Thanks
>
> Asha

The question is irrelevant - you can build 'octave' from source; if you
do not want to build 'octave' from sources, check whether the Linux distro
under consideration has 'octave' packages.

The same is true WRT 'gnuplot'.

I am using SUSE-11.1 for which I build 'octave' and 'gnuplot' from sources
- I do not care whether SUSE has the packages, though SUSE package
selection in general is pretty wide.

Regards,
  Sergei.