Re: Same .m file: different results with different versions of Octave

From: Thomas D. Dean
Subject: Re: Same .m file: different results with different versions of Octave
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 20:15:43 -0700

On Mon, 2010-04-19 at 11:05 -0700, Søren Hauberg wrote:

I communicated with the gcc people about the problem with tanh.

pinskia

A very helpful exchange.

libstdc++ tanh functions call gcc __builtin_xxx functions, which just
call the respective libm code.  This was not clear to me in `info gcc`

Ubuntu 9.10 uses eglibc, which is a somewhat "enhanced??" version of
glibc.  I think the math functions are the same.  math/s_ctanhl.c is the
same in both.

I cannot build either glibc or eglibc on my ubuntu 9.10!