Build Problem on SLES 10.3

From: Jones, Donald E
Subject: Build Problem on SLES 10.3
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 08:59:30 -0700

I am trying to build octave on SLES 10.3. Running into two problems. I am
building 3.2.4 using gcc 4.1.2.

1. If I do not include HDF5, the build passes all tests (except for Qhull and
ImageMagick, which are not yet installed). However, if I include HDF5 (v1.8.4)
the make check fails as follows:

  ***** assert(log2(complex(0,Inf)), Inf + log2(i));
!!!!! test failed
assert (log2 (complex (0, Inf)),Inf + log2 (i)) expected
Inf + 2.266i
but got
Inf - NaNi
NaNs don't match

2. I cannot get it to locate blas/lapack. I have atlas installed, plus Intel
MKL 11.1. SLES 10.3 does not include generic libblas and liblapack. I have
tried all combinations of ./configure -with-blas=, but cannot find blas. Will
octave only link to the generic libblas and liblapack?

Don Jones