Re: 'sqp' error state equal to 0 - what does it mean?

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: 'sqp' error state equal to 0 - what does it mean?
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2010 10:37:01 -0400

On 14-Apr-2010, Guido Walter Pettinari wrote:

| Thank you for your answer, Francesco.
|
| I am sorry if I was not clear enough. I am aware that info=101 is good, my
concern
| is that I am getting a result (info=0) which is not contemplated by the
function
| documentation.

Taking a quick look at sqp.m, I think this can happen if the following
conditions are all satisfied on the initial iteration.

      t0 = norm (c - A' * lambda);
      t1 = norm (ce);
      t2 = all (ci >= 0);
      t3 = all (lambda_i >= 0);
      t4 = norm (lambda .* con);

      if (t2 && t3 && max ([t0; t1; t4]) < tol)
        break;
      endif

So, if this is correct, then I think your starting point satisfies the
optimality conditions.

jwe