Re: Stop at singularity with lsode

From: Carlo de Falco
Subject: Re: Stop at singularity with lsode
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2010 18:12:03 +0200

On 2 Apr 2010, at 17:18, <address@hidden> wrote:

Hi,

I am trying to solve a system of two coupled differential equations with Octave, namely those for Hathaway's circular pursuit curve and I am running into the problem that there of course is a singularity in case of a catch-event. However, I don't know when this is going to happen, so I can't just restrict the time frame before issuing the lsode command. Is there any way to tell lsode to stop at a singularity and/or at least produce output up to the point where the step limit is exceeded?

Thanks in advance,

jchtt

I think you should be able to do that with 'dasrt' although I never tried it myself.
c.