Re: Gnuplot scripts as output?

From: Tribo Laboy
Subject: Re: Gnuplot scripts as output?
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2010 12:56:30 +0200

Dear Tatsuro,

Thanks a lot for your help. I tried your example and it does work
through the pipe. I guess, if I want to output it to different
terminal now (e.g. eps, svg, etc.) I should add the appropriate lines
in the 'plt' file. I am interested in being able to save the plots,
because in that way they can be easily exchanged with people who don't
have Octave or Matlab. Currently I most often exchange plots and data
with colleagues in Excel, but that is for me doing the same work
twice.

Regarding the exchange of plots, it would be helpful if there was a
mechanism of saving the gnuplot file generated by Octave with human
readable text data instead of the current binary. The receiver could
use gnuplot directly or cut and paste into his favorite plotting
program. Based on the information in this thread I am willing to write
a function to do that, but I need some help with the conversion of the
binary-to-text. Anyone who can tell me how to do that?

Thanks