Installation of Octave with GraphicsMagick

From: Anirban Jana
Subject: Installation of Octave with GraphicsMagick
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2010 18:35:43 -0400

Hi,
I wish to install Octave with GraphicsMagick on a SuSE Linux platform. GraphicsMagick is installed on the machine (in /usr/local/packages/GraphicsMagick/1.3.12). But when configuring Octave, I get the message

configure: WARNING: GraphicsMagick++ config script not found. Assuming GraphicsMagic++ library and header files are missing, so imread will not be fully functional

It seems like Octave configure is not looking for GraphicsMagick in the right place. How can I solve this issue?

Thanks in advance
-A