Problems with imwrite.m (not with imrotate)

From: Journeaux, Ian
Subject: Problems with imwrite.m (not with imrotate)
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2010 13:22:27 -0500

I have been trying to troubleshoot what I thought was an issue with the
imrotate method in Octave where the results obtained with Octave did not match
those from Octave.

After some troubleshooting, the problem is not with imrotate.m but with
imwrite.m

So if you open a tiff image (testin.tif) with imread and write it out
immediately with imwrite to a file testout.bmp or testout.tif, the two files
are not identical with about 50% of the pixels off by 1 level of gray.

I noticed that imwrite.m using __magick_write__ to write out the data.

Is this a known issue with __magick_write__? Is there a work around?

This electronic message contains information from NewPage Corporation or
subsidiary companies,
which may be confidential, privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure.
The information is
intended to be used solely by the recipient(s) named. If you are not an
intended recipient, be
aware that any review, disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this
transmission or its
contents is prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please
notify NewPage
immediately at address@hidden