Re: Sharing scripts

From: Søren Hauberg
Subject: Re: Sharing scripts
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2010 19:53:52 -0700

Hi and sorry about the late reply (I've been vacationing a bit lately so
I'm still catching up on e-mail)

søn, 14 03 2010 kl. 04:15 -0700, skrev MathCloud:
> I am not sure what you mean by making the source code available? You mean
> the code that implements the web interface? If so, that is not my intention
> at this point.

Yes this is what I mean. To me, this is essential for several reasons.
The two most important reasons are

      * I use Octave for scientific purposes and I don't believe I can
        use a piece of software as part of my work unless I can actually
        look under the hood (no black-boxes in science).
      * From time to time I have to work with confidential data that I
        would never upload to some arbitrary web server on the net. I
        would need to have complete control of the server.

Anyway, I wish you the best of luck with your service and I hope you
will decide to release the code at some point.

Cheers,
Søren