Re: matlab commands

From: David Bateman
Subject: Re: matlab commands
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 21:10:25 +0100

Peter Hinkey wrote:
Hi,

        I have successfully installed Octave on my server with OS Red Hat
Enterprise Linux 3.  I realized the toolboxes for Matlab and
Octave are similar, but clearly not the same.  I have a matlab
script written with several functions that are not compatible with
Octave.

Is there a way to import the matlab toolbox into Octave so the commands work?

Not without breaking Matlab's copyright there isn't so please don't...
Are there octave functions that can replace matlab functions like
*textread and textscan*??

The textread function from octave-forge is supposed to be compatible with the matlab version.. Can you give an example that demonstrates any differences? Octave-forge doesn't have a textscan function though we'd be happy to accept one if you wrote it :-) ... Till then use textread

D.