RE: Editing .txt file in Octave

From: socware
Subject: RE: Editing .txt file in Octave
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 01:52:42 -0700 (PDT)

Hello
I am in Windows XP (Home) and using Octave 3.2.4 over cygwin.

My file looks like this

30m              399.14n
31m              412.216n
32m              425.291n
33m              438.367n
34m              451.442n

There are two columns. I want to use the values from both the columns as
range of x and y respectively in a for loop.

My problem is first I need to change the format from 30m to .00030 or to
some other format like 30e-3
Secondly each column have more than 1000 values and I want to use all of
them and also if possible specify to use for instance the first 500 values
or values in between too.

Thank you for the feedback and help.